Knowing your rights and responsibilities as a bicyclist and pedestrian is extremely important to not only travel safely but also to enjoy the journey.
Test your knowledge and see if you know the answers to the following questions:
1. Bicyclists should ride against the flow of traffic. T/F
2. Traffic should yield to pedestrians when the are preparing to cross or crossing the street at a marked or unmarked crosswalk. T/F
3. A 12 year-old is not required by state law to wear a helmet. T/F
4. Bicyclists are not allowed to ride at night. T/F
1. False - bicyclists should ride on the road going with the flow of traffic.
2. True - motorists should yield to pedestrians preparing to cross or in the act of crossing at a marked or unmarked intersection crosswalk.
3. False - anyone under the age of 16 must wear a helmet by law.
4. False - Bicyclists may ride day or night, but at night must have a front white head light and a rear red reflector (although a blinking rear light is strongly recommended, as is additional reflective clothing/gear).