1. It's easy. You already know how.
2. It's safe. Walking is low impact yet can burn as many calories as running.
3. It's cheap. You just need a good pair of walking shoes.
4. It helps manage weight. Walking burns calories and may reduce appetite.
5. It's weight bearing. Walking helps build bone mass, important for fighting osteoporosis.
6. It's a lifesaver. Walking is good for the heart - it lowers blood pressure and reduces the risk of heart attack, stroke and cancer.
Go for a walk. You'll be glad you did!